Terms and Conditions
- You as the customer shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions in all transactions relating to the purchase of the Products using the My Furniture Online Shopping Cart.
- The prices displayed on this site are quoted in South African Rand inclusive of Value Added Taxation (VAT) and are valid and effective only in South Africa. Products and prices displayed on this website may vary from time to time and are subject to availability.
- My Furniture reserves the right at all times to reasonably decline any order and/or to suspend delivery and/or to decline to supply the Products to the Customer.
- The colours of our products shown on this website may look different on your computer compared with the colour of the actual product. This is because different computers display colours differently depending on the type of computer screen. My Furniture cannot be held liable or responsible for any mistakes in ordering items whose actual colour is different from that appearing on the website as viewed on your computer.
- Subject to the CPA, and although we will endeavour to deliver the Products according to your requirements, My Furniture will not be bound to such delivery requirements and accordingly My Furniture shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for a failure or delay in delivery of Products.
- Deliveries will be supplied by My Furnitureâs elected carrier subject to your address being within our designated delivery zones and you will be charged accordingly on your invoice.
- Deliveries will be available from Monday to Saturday. My Furniture or the elected carrier will contact you to arrange delivery at a time convenient for you on any weekday between the hours of 8am and 4pm and Saturdays from 8am to 1pm. Delivery cannot be made on Public Holidays.
- For deliveries outside our designated zones, you will be contacted by a member of our staff to confirm delivery and delivery instructions.
- To ensure a smooth and efficient delivery, please ensure that you clear the room(s) in advance where your new furniture is to be located prior to the carrier arriving. The Customer must remove all breakable items in the path of the delivery. My Furniture carriers are not permitted to re-arrange Customersâ furniture. The carrier will place the goods delivered in the place of the Customerâs choice. The carrier is not permitted to uplift or take away with them any unwanted items of furniture or items not designated for removal previously with My Furniture. It is in the customersâ own interests that all loose items of value be removed from the delivery site and that in addition pets be secured in a safe location away from the crew and delivery site. My Furniture cannot be held responsible for any items claimed to be missing following a delivery.
- The delivery fee is charged in respect of delivery by the carrier to front door only. Should the customer request the carrier to do so, the item/s will be placed in a room of their choice. The customer acknowledges and agrees that My Furniture is not responsible and will not be liable for any damages caused to the item/s or within the customer’s residence as a result of such a placement within the residence.
- Should your residence be more than one story or a flat above the first floor, to which access is difficult or the item is likely to be damaged if carried through the access points, then the item will be delivered to the lift or stairwell opening on the bottom floor only and further movement of the item will become your responsibility from that point forward.
- Delivery or collection may not take place until the purchase price has been settled in full. My Furniture reserves the right to request proof of payment from the customer before effecting delivery or permitting collection of the item/s.
- The carrier will only deliver to the specified address of the customer who made the purchase, or to such other person indicated on the delivery instructions as being authorized to accept delivery on behalf of the customer.
- All items made available for collection/delivered will be sealed in its original packaging.
- The person receiving the item/s will be required to sign the proof of receipt/delivery to indicate that each item has been received undamaged and sealed in its original packaging.
- Should the item be damaged or the packaging not be in place, this must be indicated on the proof of receipt/delivery and the company/carrier representative and the person receiving the item must both sign the proof of receipt/delivery to this effect. The item will be returned to My Furniture by the carrier.
- My Furniture cannot be held liable under its guarantee policy for any damages visible at the time of collection or acceptance of delivery that was not indicated on the proof of receipt/delivery by the customer.
- You acknowledges and agrees that My Furniture is not responsible and will not be liable for any damages caused by the carrier’s delivery vehicle to the customer’s residence.
- A flat rate to deliver your order to you will be charged. This will escalate reasonably from time to time.
- The order will take around 1 to 7 working days to be delivered to the chosen delivery address. The order can be tracked on the My Furniture Website or by contacting our offices at 0860 10 10 88.
- Although reasonable care shall be taken, Mr Furniture accepts no responsibility whatsoever for incorrect delivery details or, if an unauthorised person at the delivery address, accepts delivery of the order and Products.
- All merchandise displayed and sold by My Furniture is subject to stringent quality control standards. Should a customer not be satisfied with any product received within 7 days from date of receipt, My Furniture will endeavour to repair or replace the item in question. If within a reasonable time period My Furniture is unable to repair or replace the item a full refund of all monies paid will be made.
- Should you damage the furniture item during assembly, My Furniture will not be liable for such damage and will not exchange or refund the damaged item.
- My Furniture reserves the right at all times for a company appointed or manufacturer representative to inspect the item before a refund, repair or replacement is considered.
- No shop soiled items that have been reduced to clear will be accepted for refund or return.
- The Customer shall not be refunded for any delivery cost under any circumstances.
- Any refund or credit will only take place once My Furniture has received the item/s in the original packaging and processed the return of the Products.
- My Furniture shall have the discretion to refund the Customer by any appropriate means including cash, a gift card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the relevant Customer account or applicable credit or debit card.
- My Furniture makes no representations whatsoever and gives no guarantees against latent or patent defects in respect of the Products, and all conditions and warranties whatsoever, whether implied or otherwise, are hereby expressly excluded.
- My Furniture shall not incur any liability of whatever nature arising in contract or delict from any injury, loss or damage to any person or property arising from the use of the Products.
- The Products supplied by My Furniture shall be suitable only for the purpose designed and intended and the Customer shall ensure the Products are handled, stored, installed, used or otherwise dealt with in a normal and proper manner, and where applicable, in a manner consistent with the instructions given by My Furniture.
- No action or claim of whatever nature shall lie against My Furniture arising out of or in connection with any defects in, or unsuitability of, any Products
- A valid proof of purchase is required for the terms of this guarantee policy to come into operation.
- Guarantees are only applicable to items that have been used in a domestic environment and will not apply to items used for commercial or non-personal purposes.
- Upholstered furniture such as sofas and chairs are guaranteed for one year from date of collection/delivery in respect of the frame, craftsmanship and filling.
- Timber products are guaranteed for one year from date of collection/delivery.
- Should the item be subject to a manufacture defect, My Furniture will repair or replace (at its option) the item at no charge once it has been returned to My Furniture’s elected carrier’s delivery depot.
- The guarantee does not extend to the fabric used to upholster the item as this is subject to wear and tear with usage in the domestic environment, or any normal wear and tear associated with domestic use.
- The guarantee does not extend to normal wear and tear associated with domestic use and natural wood effects or characteristic imperfections such as minor cracking and shrinkage and changes in colour with time.
- This guarantee does not extend to product that has been left outdoors unless it is clearly indicated on the packaging of the product that it may be left outdoors with no cover.
- Without derogating from the generality of any of the provisions hereof, My Furniture and its Affiliates shall not at any time be liable for any claims of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may be sustained by the Customer in connection with the use of the Products and the Customer hereby indemnifies and agrees to defend and hold harmless My Furniture and its Affiliates against all such claims.
- No indulgence which My Furniture may grant to the Customer shall in any way be deemed to affect, prejudice or derogate from the rights of My Furniture nor shall such indulgence constitute a waiver or novation of any of the rights of My Furniture who shall not thereby be precluded from exercising any rights against the Customer which may have arisen in the past or which may arise in the future.
- My Furniture and the Customer agree to keep any confidential information that they receive from one another confidential by using the same degree of care that they would use to protect their own confidential information. My Furniture will not disclose your confidential information to anyone else, unless you give your consent to My Furniture to do so. The Customer must do the same with the confidential information about My Furniture. My Furniture can, however, disclose the your confidential information to My Furniture employees, professional advisors and contractors who need to know and use the information in order to perform their obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions, and all transactions relating to the purchase of Products using the My Furniture On-Line Portal shall be governed in all respects by, and shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.